By Emily
If you haven't already heard of the term "fugly" let me catch you up to speed. Its a combo of the very very bad word "fantastically" (wink) and "ugly." Its a superlative for ugly--so, so ugly. Fantastically Ugly. Its not a very nice word to use when you think about it--but since when do people bother to think about what they say? Anyway, sometimes, just *sometimes, something can be so fugly, it's really fabulously fashionable.Which brings me to this humorous site, with a not-so-nice-url, gofugyourself.com "Fugly is the new Pretty"
If you need a good laugh, or maybe you're just feeling bad about your wardrobe, why not turn to celebrity fashion mistakes to make you feel better. Ah, yes, how nice it is to laugh at someone else to make you feel better about yourself. Here's some Bossy advice: Lighten Up! Go find some fugly in your closet.
*this fugly is fab
25 comments:
Is that a man or a woman? Everything about it says woman, but I sense it is a man.
I love the Fugly sight! It is so funny! It makes me wonder WHO is telling them to wear that stuff? Are they just so surrounded by "yes" people that no one stops them from making a huge fashion mistake? If I had that kind of money I would hire a seriously serious consultant to make me hot!
GValleyGirl
Okay, I just found out that person is a woman! Juliette Lewis. I swear she looks like a rocker guy from the 80's.
Wow. Poor Juliette. She is looking bad. She needs to fire her stylist...unless she's dressing so fugly on purpose to get press.
By the way, I have that dress at the bottom of your post, I just wore it on Sunday to church. The navy blue shoulers look awesome with my children's booger smears on them.
LOL. I know the booger smear on dark look Sally. It is very becoming.
Fugly. Do crocs fit in this category? What about Ugs?
That woman looks bad.
I like how you used fantastically as the f in fugly. If you want to see a whole bunch of fugly, go check out a 1980s high school yearbook. No way around it, the 80's were fugly.
My favorite celebrity therapy is seeing celebrities without their hair and makeup done. They look just as haggard as I do! It's a relief.
What is up with Juliette Lewis's hand in that picture?
it's a prosthetic hand.
I was thinking the same thing about her freaky hand. It's like a backward "Jazz" hand. And what is with the tights under the shorts. Okay, some fugly might become fashionable, but this should never become fashionable!
Where did you find this sight?! It is very funny. Thank you for helping me waste 20 minutes of my day.
And I have to respond to the comment of the 80's being a bunch of fugly. I loved the 80's and yes, leg-warmers are totally like "gag me with a spoon"! But, like, totally, the hair in the 80's was the best! Totally!
I actually thought I was looking at an old Halloween picture of Robin as a teen. But I didn't remember the outfit & decided to read on.
I'm afraid to check out the fugly site in the event I might see my hairdo when I first started growing out the gray (from black).
I actually thought I was looking at an old Halloween picture of Robin as a teen. But I didn't remember the outfit & decided to read on.
I'm afraid to check out the fugly site in the event I might see my hairdo when I first started growing out the gray (from black).
ok. I checked out the fugly blog and it's a scream! I like it.
I have a few wigs that are fugly....uhh would that be fugwigly or wigfugly?
That is bad. Very Bad.
But, did someone say the 80's were fugly? The 80's rocked, I rocked the 80's. Long live Legwarmers!
-LuLu
Lulu is my dog's name. Did you know you are named after my dog? Don't worry, she isn't fugly.
A prosthetic hand? Way to take all the fun out of making fun.
Lu Lu is a great name for a dog. It is also a great handle, short for Lucy.
Glad your dog isn't fugly. That would be really bad. My neighbors dog had on a Fugly sweater the other day at the bus stop. My kids laughed at it. It might or might not have hurt the owners feelings...
--LuLu
ROBIN--it is NOT a prosthetic hand. I'm just insensitive like that. "LuLu" Lucy, it's okay. One of my sisters (Ahem, sally, Ahem) had a neighbor's dog named after her. WHO NAMES A DOG SALLY? Now that is just plain cruel. Also, when I was newly married, my grandparents-in-law's dog passed away (days before our wedding--sad, I know, I really do love dogs). But--here's the thing: the dog's name was Emily. EMILY! And the first couple times we spent with them (such sweet and dear grandparents) the conversation kept on returning to EMILY--I flinched every time--"Oh, remember how Emily used to let the stinkiest farts under the dinner table? (what? I hardly even know you! Why would you say such a thing about me? UNTRUE! UNTRUE! Oh, you're talking about the dog again...)
Ah...I crack myself up. You'll have to excuse me now...
BUT-- it was SO awkward! ;-)
This:
--"Oh, remember how Emily used to let the stinkiest farts under the dinner table? "
Made me laugh so suddenly that I needed a kleenex after. That must have been so uncomfortable for you.
That was funny Emily. You made me laugh right out loud. Thank you.
And I remember that I used to tease Sally that she was named after the neighbor's dog. Do you remember that Sally?
I would apologize, but I'm not sorry enough. Sorry.
I love that site. Now I want a post of the Bossy sisters in their fugly outfits, please.
These comments make a funny post in & of themselves. I'm glad your mom sent me your url.
hahahaha
Oh my gosh. You ladies are crazy.
Post a Comment