Friday, November 21, 2008

Have Fun with Baby Jesus!

The Fisher-Price Little People Nativity Set

Melissa's family gave this to us last year. If you don't have one for kids to play with, this is worth buying (or maybe G&G want to give it to you).

Our set, and I tell this because it is a funny story, came with 2 Josephs and no Mary. Woops! But, Fisher-Price has excellent customer service.

I simply called the number on the box, and they are shipping me an entire bag of characters for free. Easy. So now we will have duplicates, I think I'll give them to the children's nursery at our church--one of the wise men looks like a possible stand in for Mary.


I like it when I randomly find sweet baby Jesus in surprising places during the day.

















Quick, bossy sisters (including readers), help me fold my laundry!!! Baby Jesus does look pretty comfy though.

8 comments:

Laura said...

We love our set. I have never realized the crazy places baby jesus winds up though. My favorite one is Jesus in the LP wagon. Where is he going? Who is taking him? Or maybe this is all Mary and Joseph had for a stroller. Funny!

Melissa said...

I love it when I set it up, all nice and cutesy and then come in to find everyone (including Barney, Elmo, favorite stuffed animals) all in a circle with Baby Jesus in the center. Serves as a good reminder.

Just a head's up, Ebay has a great selection of L.P. Christmas items, and you can buy just a wiseman or just a Mary (If you loose one.) (Not that we ever have.... para.)

Anonymous said...

That baby Jesus sure gets around.. he may need an extra blanket for when he hangs out in the fridge though. brrr

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Robin said...

I think the red wiseman would make the best Mary. I like his/her hair.

Paige said...

I love the No on 8 Holy Family!! You should market that. don't give the extra characters away- they go missing and you'll be glad you have that extra baby Jesus. I like when they mix up the my Hanukah and nativity ones. Nothing like baby Jesus lighting the menorah!

Chiska said...

He is everywhere after all. :)

Robin said...

Great comment Chiska!

Hilary said...

Em- Thanks for the tip on the Nativity set. Every since our stint in Jerusalem I have become somewhat of a collector and try to get one each year. I will be ordering one tomorrow. Thanks for doing the legwork on the prices.