My turn to share my favorites. You'll note that Sally's faves are all very literary and smart. She is chic and classy.
My favorites aren't classy. At all. But, they are my favorites! I asked my Favorite friend what I should post, she knows me so well, she rattled off a bunch of things that I rave on day in and day out.
When she said Downy, I immediately went dreamy eyed and said in a soft voice, "ohhhh, I love Downy!" I love my Downy Ball too. I do so stinkin' much laundry it is crazy. I keep imagining what empty laundry baskets would look like, but I never get there. I love the way Downy smells. I close my eyes and it feels like my Mom's laundry. I think I could drink it. Downy keeps me happy while I continue to gather, sort (ok, I don't sort, but I know it is one of the "steps"), load, reboot, fold, put away. Rinse and Repeat.

I love to make bows and tie pretty packages! I love this site for its beautiful and reasonable selection of Ribbon.
I am a Wal-Mart Shopper, but I always shop with a handful of munchkins. I also have to go for the best deals and this season WalMart's Site to Store is just what the doctor ordered. I can do all my comparison shopping online, then fill up my "cart", use my card or even PayPal account, then pick it all up at the store in an unmarked (read: non-Santa Spoiling) box.
Please, if you like candy canes and white chocolate don't try a bag of Candy Cane Kisses. Really, they aren't that good. Promise. Leave them on the shelf for someone else. (Me.) They make great Buttons too... (I usually use Snaps- you know the checkerboard pretzels? and Holiday M&M's.) It is a great kid project!
After the Christmas music post I got itching for some new tunes... but really, I don't need more CDs. In steps Pandora. Pandora.com is a free website where you type in what kind of music you want (I tried Amy Grant Christmas) and it shuffles music by that artist and similar artists. I Love It! Try it! (My techy husband also hooks my laptop up to my kitchen speakers, how cool is that?) I'm listening right now! Nice. The best I've found is Jim Brickman Holiday, it is very nice background music.
I love this show! I totally look at my "wardrobe" differently! I wonder if I could nominate my daughters...

Lastly, my favorite comedian. Brian Regan makes me laugh hard.
My favorites aren't classy. At all. But, they are my favorites! I asked my Favorite friend what I should post, she knows me so well, she rattled off a bunch of things that I rave on day in and day out.
When she said Downy, I immediately went dreamy eyed and said in a soft voice, "ohhhh, I love Downy!" I love my Downy Ball too. I do so stinkin' much laundry it is crazy. I keep imagining what empty laundry baskets would look like, but I never get there. I love the way Downy smells. I close my eyes and it feels like my Mom's laundry. I think I could drink it. Downy keeps me happy while I continue to gather, sort (ok, I don't sort, but I know it is one of the "steps"), load, reboot, fold, put away. Rinse and Repeat.
I love to make bows and tie pretty packages! I love this site for its beautiful and reasonable selection of Ribbon.
I am a Wal-Mart Shopper, but I always shop with a handful of munchkins. I also have to go for the best deals and this season WalMart's Site to Store is just what the doctor ordered. I can do all my comparison shopping online, then fill up my "cart", use my card or even PayPal account, then pick it all up at the store in an unmarked (read: non-Santa Spoiling) box.
Please, if you like candy canes and white chocolate don't try a bag of Candy Cane Kisses. Really, they aren't that good. Promise. Leave them on the shelf for someone else. (Me.) They make great Buttons too... (I usually use Snaps- you know the checkerboard pretzels? and Holiday M&M's.) It is a great kid project!
After the Christmas music post I got itching for some new tunes... but really, I don't need more CDs. In steps Pandora. Pandora.com is a free website where you type in what kind of music you want (I tried Amy Grant Christmas) and it shuffles music by that artist and similar artists. I Love It! Try it! (My techy husband also hooks my laptop up to my kitchen speakers, how cool is that?) I'm listening right now! Nice. The best I've found is Jim Brickman Holiday, it is very nice background music.
I love this show! I totally look at my "wardrobe" differently! I wonder if I could nominate my daughters...
Lastly, my favorite comedian. Brian Regan makes me laugh hard.
8 comments:
I love those pretzel kisses. So easy and yummy. Brian Regan has saved many road trips. My downy ball never looked as pretty as the one on your post.
I have never tried the candy cane kisses. Now I have to. Great, another addiction...thanks a lot. :)
I love that you love bows and ribbon. I am not good at that stuff! Please come visit me the week before Christmas and teach me how!
We love Brian Regan too. I can't imagine anyone hearing him and not enjoying it. He is awesome.
Alright...more info on the "buttons" please?!? The candy cane kisses are HEAVENLY!
Oh, thanks for posting that Brian Regan video. I needed that. So funny!
Jane is adorable, she can totally get away with mixing all those patterns. ;-)
I know what you mean about the Downy ball--I don't do that, but I do splurg on Tide brand detergent and color safe Clorox "bleach" and oxyclean. But the scent of Tide just helps me to feel more cheerful about doing laundry.
I feel like I do a lot of laundry, but I know it doesn't even compare--7 people! You are ALWAYS doing laundry. Wow. And it smells good too. You are amazing.
I am going to make those pretzle buttons now. They look delicious.
xo
MandBird, the buttons are a cinch. Warm your oven- like maybe 275* ish. (real exact here), place a kiss of any variety on top a pretzel, I like the Snaps kind, but I think most any would work. Make a whole tray and have your kids do all the work- reward, one Smooch and a Kiss.
Put them in the warm oven and watch closely. When they start to get a bit shiny and soft pull them out and stick an M&M in the center. This pushes the softened (but not melted) kiss firmly onto the pretzel. Refrigerate till they harden again. :) Enjoy!
Ack! You are mandbrid not BIRD! So sorry! (covering head in shame.)
Em, isn't it pathetic that we view laundry soap or fabric softener as a Splurge? Wrong. But true.
Thanks for the Pandora tip. I have been longing for some new Christmas tunes. It sounds like just the way to go! Thanks.
I am also a big Brian Regan Fan. On his "Moon" CD (I think it is the same one as the ironing board,) he talks about the worst pain in the world as giving birth with broken shins. Hilarious. I am laughing just thinking about it.
Post a Comment