Monday, November 24, 2008

S e x

Gentle Readers,

I know how it is. You think about sex. Maybe you dread it, maybe you crave it. I hope you crave it. If not, I have help for you.


Good in Bed


I think most of our readers are fairly conservative and treat the subject of sex with respect and dignity. I bet most of our readers were not very sexually active before marriage. I wasn’t. My parents were pretty open with me. But they didn’t tell me how to get what I wanted. And for a nice girl like me, good information can be difficult to find.

In fact, the few times I have looked for information on sex I have been bombarded and subjected to images that I would really rather not see over and over in my mind.

But we need to talk about it. Really! We need a place to talk about it in a safe, healthy, tasteful, comfortable environment. One that treats it like it should be treated: special. Someplace where we can ask questions and not be afraid of the answers.

I found the site for this. This link takes you to an article called "When Virgins Collide" about virgins getting married. It is an anonymous site where women blog about and ask and answer questions about sex. The site isn't at all affiliated with our site or any of our bloggers. The site is written by LDS women, and you probably know that the LDS church teaches, like some other churches, that sexual intimacy should be reserved for marriage. That conservative viewpoint is reflected in the topics and comments on the blog, and the bloggers ask that everyone be respectful in their comments. The "adult content" first page is because of the subject matter, but there are no explicit photos or lewd content to be concerned about. We understand this isn't for everybody, but we also know a LOT of women who we care about that might benefit from this.

Now, Go love your husbands!


Good in Bed

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, you are brave for posting this, and I think it is FANTASTIC! Ideally a woman who has questions would hopefully be able to talk to someone who has a well balanced view of sex. But I know women who, for various reasons, can't or don't feel comfortable with that. Maybe this can be a resource for them.

When I was getting married, my husband and I read a great book called "The Act of Marriage" by Tim LaHaye http://www.amazon.com/Act-Marriage-Tim-LaHaye/dp/0310212006

The book was recommended to me by a Psychologist professor at a predominantly Christian college, in a psychology class I took on marriage and family. Because I have a husband who is kind and gentle and passionate, it was a great book for us to read and to help create an enivironment for talking about this kind of thing and "figuring it out" together.

Thanks for the link. It is really great. I hope some women who need it find it helpful. And I hope other women who might not have the same context for sex in their lives, can view it as a great resource for others--and not mock it or make light of it, because it needs to be a safe environment for others.

This is such a great post. Thanks.

Sally said...

It's a great website with lots of helpful information. Thanks for posting it!

Celia Fae said...

Oh no you didn't, but I'm so glad you did.

Laura said...

Good Post! I grew up in a house where sex was a no-no to talk about. I'm not putting down my parents, I'm just saying, it left me confused on who I could talk to about basic questions. It's nice to know there is a "safe" place for women to talk about it.

Jake said...

As soon as my nine year old stops reading over my shoulder, I am clicking over. Thanks!

mandbrid said...

I checked it out...spent WAY too much of my morning reading all the comments and posts. It's hard not to be shocked by such openness - however, I think it's a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

Robin, you are an amazing sister. I think I learned some important things about sex because you told me. I remember once you had given me a bunch of condoms, don't remember why, but anyway, I was talking to Uncle Ed and pulled my purse onto my lap to get a piece of gum. We continued to talk for a while but then he got up to leave the room and I noticed that a condom had fallen into my lap and had been sitting there for the full 30 minutes we'd been talking.

Ug! So funny now, but at the time, I wanted to die!

Sex! Good topic!

Emily said...

This is great. I'm glad you posted this, I hope it helps some women who need it. What will your children think if they stumble on this post? MOM AND DAD HAVE SEX?!!! GROSSSSSSSSS! ;-)

Emily said...

P.S. Celia Fae, you crack me up, and your photo to boot. Perfect with your comment. ;-)

Melissa said...

Interesting site. I think it is great to have open communication about sex, With Your Husband especially.

I have to admit though, I am somewhat horrified that on my personal blog right now I say "go see my favorites on Bossy" and it pulls up this post. Yeah Baby.

Linsey said...

Robin, for this and so many other reasons I love you.

Nortorious said...

When virgins collide!! Ha ha!

Sorry, I was born with the greenbomb insensitivity gene.