My "baby" turned 1 last month. sob sob, sniffle sniffle We still swaddle him. It is funny to watch him fall asleep. I love it, it is my favorite thing and not just because he is sleeping. I love to watch him relax.
Last night, while contemplating what to blog, I watched my sweet husband wrap him tighter than imaginable and rock him on his lap to dream land. I was inspired! Here is today's Bossing! Swaddle!
Sleep tight.
I feel compelled to add that time of swaddle was 7:13, time entering dreamland was 7:15. It works I tell ya!
16 comments:
He looks happy. My babies screamed when we wrapped them up.
This is absolutely awesome! Now I know why Emily and KK begged you to blog about this. Is Henry the best baby ever? YES! And what about Dave - what a dad!
Also - How much does Henry weigh? Dave was nearly out of breath!
Hank the Tank is a whopping 27.5 lbs at 12 months. The child needs to learn to walk.
Isn't he delicious though? I can't get enough of him.
He is delicious!
Nate and Lainey loved to be swaddled. Benji was having none of it. And we tried. We had good technique. I love swaddling, but I think that like pacifiers, some babies just aren't into it.
I am just jealous of David with that little Henry Burrito on his lap. I would love to sneak a few snorts of that little neck.
Just how I remembered it, but I was hoping to hear David say, "Book 'em Danno!"
Henry is so precious!
It worked with my babies and I've seen its effectiveness with many of my grandchildren, but at 12 months hefty Henry takes the cake. A papoose. I wonder if the white man learned this technique from Amer. Indian.
My babies loved swaddling too. Great video
Henry was just at the doctor. At 1 yr old he was in the 97% for height and for weight.
I often do say "Book'em Danno" during the tuck ... didn't do so this time because I was busy describing my methodology.
I laughed the entire time, such grace! Such skill! Such craft! Such a cute, sweet, lover boy baby. And special appearance by the Bossy Sister's brother! YAY! I bet everyone is saying, "Poor David, he has so many bossy sister." What a great brother, husband, and father. xoxo. Loved hearing the methodology of the tuck and swaddle.
So neat to see another family with a little HENRY!!! I have yet to have a child that will let me swaddle him past 2 months old. Maybe I don't do it tight enough! Cute video.
Okay, I've watched the video three times and each time I laugh at the very end when you ask about shaken baby syndrome and he says you don't have to worry. But then he says, "Now, if you go like this..." and he shoves Henry forward so his head flops down and for some reason it makes me laugh every time.
I'm awful, I know!
Wellll, I am going to try this with my hubby and see if it takes care of his snoring issues... Maybe then I can get some sleep.
Shelly, I am so with you on how funny the end of the video is! Just makes me laugh out loud and I have watched it, maybe 5 times?
I love when the "pappa bears" get involved. I still remember being in the hospital with my first two (twins) and being amazed at my husbands ability to swaddle both of them. He did it better than the nurses! When I asked him where he learned it, he said "martha stewart." sigh...
I think it is great that you have a sure fire method. My kids were never that easy. I think I still like to be swaddeled. I have my favorite blanket and I wrap up in it every night. So comfy.
Post a Comment