OH wow. Adjusting our expectations. This is the perfect post for 7 days till Christmas (less than that if you don't count Sunday, or the days teh kids are home and you can't get anything done--- that leaves ONE. ONE Day to be ready for Christmas!)
My paradigm is perpetually shifting as I look around and decide what is most important for me to accomplish.
I love this post. straight to the point. Your house looks great! We don't have up a single strand of lights outside, despite my children begging me daily, so you are very accomplished this year. :)
That video is just amazing, especially with all the downy white snow.
PS I like how Melissa used "perpetually" in her comment. I love people who employ interesting words that don't get used very often.
When I met my Hubby he told me that he wanted a home with me... not a showplace. Yours indeed looks like a home and is most likely filled with warmth and love. Who needs a showplace... pffttt.
I've had to do a lot of adjusting of expectations this year and so even though I really feel bad about it, don't expect a Christmas card from us. I will be making cookies and turtles but I don't think they'll make the trip well. I wouldn't like to be married to the guy with all the fancy house lights. I love yours just the way it is with an awesome, non-stressed family inside. (also neighbors who don't feel like they live next door to the circus!) Maybe a card for Valentine's day!
7 comments:
OH wow. Adjusting our expectations. This is the perfect post for 7 days till Christmas (less than that if you don't count Sunday, or the days teh kids are home and you can't get anything done--- that leaves ONE. ONE Day to be ready for Christmas!)
My paradigm is perpetually shifting as I look around and decide what is most important for me to accomplish.
I like your house though Rob.
Amen! to you both.
I love this post. straight to the point. Your house looks great! We don't have up a single strand of lights outside, despite my children begging me daily, so you are very accomplished this year. :)
That video is just amazing, especially with all the downy white snow.
PS I like how Melissa used "perpetually" in her comment. I love people who employ interesting words that don't get used very often.
When I met my Hubby he told me that he wanted a home with me... not a showplace. Yours indeed looks like a home and is most likely filled with warmth and love. Who needs a showplace... pffttt.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Your home is beautiful, just like the family inside of it!
I've had to do a lot of adjusting of expectations this year and so even though I really feel bad about it, don't expect a Christmas card from us. I will be making cookies and turtles but I don't think they'll make the trip well. I wouldn't like to be married to the guy with all the fancy house lights. I love yours just the way it is with an awesome, non-stressed family inside. (also neighbors who don't feel like they live next door to the circus!) Maybe a card for Valentine's day!
My reaction to this post was a great big "HA!" It just made me laugh. It is great. I think a few lights are just nice, a lot nicer than none.
Post a Comment