(This was taken at the house we sold a year ago)
There are really too many favorites to name. Right now, my very favorite Christmas thing is the song, "O Holy Night" by Josh Groban from his "Noel" album. Oh my gosh - it gives me chills when I am listening to it cranked up loud in my car with no other competing noises. Try it...it will amaze you!
My favorite Christmas food is licorice carmels that I learned how to make - oh so yummy! I will post the recipe when I find it. (I will have to call someone because I'm pretty sure I wrote directions on the back of it and then threw it away - ooops!)
My favorite Christmas scent is Scentsy's "Cozy Fireside" mixed with "Hearth and Home" or maybe "Snowberry", I can't decide. Visit my other blog if you want to order these... click here.
My favorite decorations? Well for that, I need to show you pictures!
I love the cheerfulness of this wall hanging. And bonus, it's glittery!
This is my olive wood nativity from Jerusalem. I love it.
Robin has a "Here comes Santa" just like this one. We made them at a "Super Saturday" together many years ago.
I decorate this mirror exactly the same way every single year. The little red long johns were once Rocky's. Now he's all grown up! I also made the bushy bearded Santa.
I decorate the bookcase pretty much the same way too each year. Some of my favorite things in here are all my Christmas books, my Russian Santa (from Sally) and my white porcelain nativity (which I always get glass slivers from because I like to display it on angel hair {spun glass} with lights underneath).
What are your Christmas favorites? I will choose one winner from everyone who comments (you are welcome to send us pictures as well to bossysistersatgmail.com) and they will receive one of my favorite Christmas Scentsy Bars! This will go until this Monday, December 15th, so tell your friends!
16 comments:
Randolph is an absolute riot! My kind of Christmas decor. Gosh he just makes me smile....
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
The noses fell off my santas! Waa! So now they are in a box. Santa needs a nose.
I can't find angel hair anyplace. Where did you get yours? I don't think they make it anymore.
I love Randolph! So cute!
My favorite song is Noel. Love it from any artist. My very favorite decoration in the house is a hawaiian advent calendar that my husband picked up from the Dole Plantation in Hawaii on our honeymoon. It is cloth with a hawaiian dressed santa and a little girl by a tree. The tree is eventually decorated with flowers, fish, shells, seals, pineapple... My ancestry is hawaiian so this is a fun way to bring the spirit of family into the holidays.
I remember those cute little red baby pjs. So sweet. Even sweeter with a little baby inside. ;-)
My favorite decorations are specific ornaments on our tree.
Merry Christmas!
P.S. I hope I win the give-away! I LOVE Scentsy. If you don't know about Scentsy, you have to check it out. Kristen also has a website about Scentsy. It is great (and a great Christmas gift idea too!).
Hope I win!
My favorite Xmas decoration: grandchildren! Nothing lights up Christmas and makes it merry the way they do!
I have many favorites, two of which I learned from your great blog.
1. Pandora - THank YOu! I have made stations for Faith Hill Christmas and Chipmunks Christmas. The Kids also love it.
2. My Little People Nativity Set. Thanks Emily for the inspiration.
3. My Cocomotion - I love hot chocolate with whip cream and lots of marshmallows. Also a fan of Stevens Raspberry Hot Chocolate.
4. Being able to say "You better not argue, Santa's watching" or "Make sure you clean your room, cause Santa is watching!"
5. When the doorbell rings at night - becuase you know there is someone stopping by with a great Christmas treat.
6. Fun Christmas cards from friends and famiy.
7. My olive wood nativity set from Bethlehem. It comes with great memories. I also like telling people, "Ya, thats just a little thing I picked up in BETHLEHEM." Impresses people everytime.
I loved this post. You better share the licorice caramels recipe because that sounds SO GOOD.
My Christmas favorites are Amy Grant (you already knew that) and my little collection of nativities. I would like to get more nativities.
And I would like to win a Scentsy bar, because I love them.
One of my favorite christmas treats is a rolo melted slightly on a twisted pretzel with a pecan on top. You can check them out at my blog I just posted today.
Sorry, I forgot to leave my blog address-- lovejoyfamily5.blogspot.com
I love the anticipation. We've started putting presents under the tree and so we're talking a lot about having to wait. It's so exciting!
I love being asked to tell my little guy a story about jophus and the cow and the donkey. (All separately) After he was told the christmas story with flannel board characters.
I love decorating the tree and remembering things: honeymoon, friends, first christmas, people who have gone on, favorites from childhood. I have a green bead "doll" That I always thought was so elegant as I child. I still love it and remember those feelings every year.
I love Mr. and Mrs. Claus that my Mom made from felt and put in hoops. I love my Santa that has a ghost on the back for halloween--except I never remember it until Christmas so I only use it for Christmas.
Food! Taco Tartlett's, Kiefel, Lebcuken (sp?), cream puffs. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them. By the way Kim thanks for the rolo recipe. I'm excited to try them!
Singing Carols around the tree with only the tree lights on.
My daily report from my little guy on the status of the blow up santa across the street..."He's cracked down mom." "He's back up!"
The Christmas Story illustrated by the Winters (I think). I love the old illustrations and the "cue" marks that I wrote when I was little and we re-enacted it.
I love trying to come up with gifts that mean something, but are suprising. I love sharing the excitment with someone when I've discovered that something.
OK so one more thing I forgot. At this website: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/hubble_space_telescope_advent.html They're doing an advent calendar of the Hubble Telescope pictures. Some of them are incredibly beautiful. I love that this time of year inspires that kind of thing. OK now I'll stop. I never talk this much, but my fingers start typing and can't seem too quit!
Kim - are you going to take those rolos to the cookie exchange?
Chiska, I love your list. It is wonderful! Christmas at your house sounds grand. ;-)
I have this snowman, he hangs from a spring above my kitchen sink. We call him the happy jumping guy. You can't be grouchy around him.
I also have a nativity I love, well a partial one. I have a collection, but this one has Mary cradling Jesus and Joseph with his arms wrapped around them both. It is so tender.
I got my Scentsy yesterday and I LOVE IT! (I didn't win, I just got my order...)
Post a Comment