Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Candy House Heaven

The Bossy Sisters would like to thank all the awesome readers who made gingerbread candy houses and sent their pictures.
It was very fun to see so many candy houses and happy people making them! Here are our favorites!


Kim's Gingerbread House is awesome. Check out the detail of the shingles, icicles, the scarf on the snowman, sled loaded with presents.



Very Christmassy in only red, green and white candy.


Chiska's train made us happy, she wrote that she's never done this before and that it was fun for her.



I love everything about this train, but especially the smile.



The Green Bomb family of the Blog Mafia made this complete subdivision (with a high train-per-family ratio, there must be a lot of commuting going on there).


Love the action photo of Ellie, and everyone loves Gramma Pamma.
Paige sent me this picture, so that means it's okay to use it, right?

And Paige's Bea wins for downright cuteness.

100% adorable.

And with that, Christmas is almost officially over. (Of course, I'm keeping my Christmas tunes around for another 2 weeks.)

5 comments:

Linda Austin Hart said...

These are fabulous! Is that fruit leather on Kim's roof & around the snowman's neck? Chiska's train is impressive--looks like she used real home baked gingerbread, not graham crackers.
I am inspired and hope my enthusiasm lasts until next December. Perhaps I'll make stained glass cookie ornaments again.

Melissa said...

I love all of these.

Christmas can't be over.

I haven't sent my cards yet. Eeeek.

Paige said...

Great summary. Agreed about the last picture!

Robin said...

Awesome Houses! Wow. I vote for Kimberly.

My kids yell at me when I play Christmas Music after Christmas. Waa!

Kimberly said...

Hooray, I'm glad you liked my house :-) Thanks for the fun contest!

Linda - the shingles and scarf are actually a new candy I found this year in the bulk section of Winco. It kind of looks like fruit by the foot when you buy it, but it's a sour watermelon candy coated in sugar.