Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Freakin' New Year

Thanks, Trevor.

Don't forget. I know you've been running nonstop since the week before Thanksgiving, but you need to plan your New Year's Eve party, as well as some resolutions to make you perfect in 2009.


No pressure.


I'm not a big New Year's Resolutions person, I probably only do it every 2-3 years and I'm careful to only set practical goals that are really important to me. Here are the resolutions I'm considering this year:


1. Take a nap at least once a week. Yes, I am serious. Like most of you, I am chronically sleep deprived, as we've discussed before, and me napping would be a huge benefit to my whole family if I could just make it happen.


2. Go to the beach more often.


3. Pretend I am 20 years older, and I've been granted an opportunity to come back and do my life over for a year. I am 35. This means that I must pretend I am 55 but I get a chance to be 35 again, with my little children, my husband, my self at 35. I love this idea, I know it will help me be more patient, loving and happy, but how to make it practical? (btw, I'm borrowing this idea from this essay, from a site that I like which is targeted towards working moms)


2009, here I come. To nap.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, I hope you can get your nap Sally!

I resolve to have more self-discipline this year. I really need it and if I can do this it will fix all my troubles.

More Self-Discipline.

Robin said...

If I pretend I am 20 years older, that makes me almost mom's age! Ack! I can't imagine it! I would probably tell myself I was doing a really good job. Cause thats what mom always says.

Salt H2O said...

You have to make it a goal to go to the beach more often? Sally, sally, it sounds like your priorities are totally out of whack. :)

Anonymous said...

I DO take a nap once a week... it's maahvulous Darling. haha

Happy New Year! ZZZZZZZ

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

HAPPY FREAKIN NEW YEAR!!!! Yay, 2008 is over! And for those of you who really know me, you know I really mean that! My goal for 2009 is to have a better year than
2008.

I also resolve to not buy things I don't absolutely love AND need AND have a place to store/display/use them.

That's it. Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

I like Robin's resolution. I feel the same way. A little self-discipline would do me a world of good.

Linda Austin Hart said...

#1 taking a nap..........it's a great idea at any age.
#2 going to the beach.........the best mind & body renewal trick there is.
#3......I'll just pretend that I'm 3 years younger. Wow... did those last 10years ever make a difference in my life style.
yer 'ol mom

Paige said...

People just don't understand napping is an actual skill, even a talent if you will. You have to have the supreme discipline to ignore everything that needs to be done- the dishes laundry email blogging phone calls and hit the sheets. As an adult I was happy to discover I actually DO have a talent!

wenderful said...

Love this idea Sally! I wonder if it works. Maybe I'll try it too. I hope you get your nap in. Napping during the day gives me anxiety. I'm always worried I'm gonna miss something good. Oh wait. I live in rural Idaho. Bring on the nap!