I don't know about anyone else, but I have some Funky Decorations. You know, the kind that individually you'd never buy, but once they are set on the mantle with lights and garland you don't notice how odd they are...
See, this doesn't look so bad, I love walking into my family room and see these twiggy trees. (The stockings bring waaaay too much excitement, we don't hang them till closer to the big day.) (and pardon the Little People Christmas Menagerie, I set it up really nice every night, but the whole point is that they play with it instead of the fragile decorations...)
Upon closer inspection though, is that Santa growing a candle out of his head, and what about the little African Santa, interesting.
Can you figure out who we call "Victory Dance Santa"? It beats calling him "Heil Hitler" Santa.
This little guy wins the prize this year though.
Picture this, Dave and I, snuggling on the couch in the glow of the trees, all the kids tucked in, Henry swaddled sleeping on my lap, lovely tones of Christmas Songs playing in the background.Dave: Santa lost his pants.
Me: Huh?
Dave: Santa, he doesn't have his pants on.
Me: Huh?
Dave: That one, right there, oh wait, there is more wrong than just missing pants.
Me: Huh?
Dave: He has an arm, coming out of his ear, but only one arm.
Me: Oh, that ornament. (I'm slow at night.)
Dave: Does he have himself in his belly? Did Santa swallow Santa?
Me: Laughing, Hard.
Dave: Wait, are those legs, missing the pants, suction cupped to his belly?
Me: Laughing harder, waking Henry.
Dave: Think of the committee that put that guy together. No communication. You guys do the top, we'll work on the bottom half.
Me: Trying to wipe tears and rock Henry back to sleep.
Dave: (Laughing hysterically also) I wonder how they about the finished product.
Yep, some things are cuter if we don't really look at them.
9 comments:
This made me really laugh.
Thanks for sharing your wierd ornament. You should enter it in celia's competition. It could win, but I don't know if there's a prize besides notoriety.
Every year, Jason begs me to throw away wierdo decorations. Why am I attached to them? Why do they have to stay with me? It's a mystery.
LOL! That's a good one! We finally tossed one of our "weird" ornaments, a porcelain couple in wedding attire, it was just weird.
The weird ones hold the best memories sometimes.
HA! Didn't even notice the arm until later. That is so funny. I gotta check out Celia's contest. This is great!
I love having a nativity just for the kids...mine is made of wooden blocks of varying sizes with stickers of the nativity decopaged on the front. I love it! That Santa within a santa is pretty hilarious.
...I'm still laughing...
Very funny post. I can just picture the two of you, tears of laughter and Henry waking up.
I love those skinny trees on each side of the fireplace and the Santas on top.
That is so great! Isn't funny how men find the humor in our wonderfully decorated houses. And now everytime you pull out this ordament, you'll think, "where are your pants"
I only hope our kids don't have night mares ... "Daddy can I sleep with you ... I dreamed a Santa with spindly legs and an arm out of his head was trying to eat me!".
Post a Comment