Thursday, December 25, 2008

What was the sleeper hit?

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope it was flawless.





So, how are you handling the Christmas let-down?









What was the "sleeper hit" gift at your house? This is the gift that didn't seem like a big deal, but was surprisingly well received.

12 comments:

Paige said...

American Girl dolls. I knew they wanted them but the 3 girls are just playing so hard, together, I want to die of happiness.

Then there's the huge flat screen I got Jeff. He's dying of happiness too. But definitely not a sleeper!

Robin said...

The Clapper. Hannah got it at a garage sale for Ike and wow. Such a big deal!

Melissa said...

Paige, AG dolls are so wonderful. I think I might like them more than my girls do...

Our sleeper was one of those "Pin Art" thingys. You know, the kind that has all these little pins and you push your hand in leave an imprint? It is fun and someone always has it in their hands.

Angela said...

Days of the Week socks. (I wanted them after I saw them on my 6 year old.)

Anonymous said...

Cheap Airplane with a cockpit that opens. Anything that will fit is the pilot

Julie said...

We got American Girl Doll stuff too and I'm thrilled she still likes them at age 11! Our sleeper hit were flashlights that don't need batteries, you just turn the crank and they light up and have a radio that works too. Who knew it was what they didn't know they always wanted!

Sally said...

Bendaroos! https://www.bendaroos.com/
From Bossy Sister Kristen. They are played with constantly.

My MIL gave me this print (I told her some time ago that I loved this painting) and I was so pleased and totally surprised that it made me cry! I surprised myself with that.
http://www.newvisionart.com/artist/artwork/preview.html?art=117&size=fullsize

Anonymous said...

Clap on!! Claa Off!!!

mandbrid said...

Ours was watercolor paints left in the stockings...the kids have been using them nonstop. I love watching them create!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Yep, I wa at Sally's ouse & the bendaroos were really a sleeper hit!
Alan's & my favorite gift is not a sleeper, but is definitely the GPS.

Laura said...

My mom slipped a piggy bank into my three-year-old boy's stocking that she got as a white elephant present . . . it totally overshadowed the $100 worth of train set accessories that we purchased for him. He scavenges the house for money and has slept with it every night since.

Unknown said...

My 7 year old said his favorite gift (and he got some cool stuff!) was tan church sox and a new tie. Go figure!