Saturday, December 27, 2008
Christmas Movies
One of our favorite Post-Christmas activities is going to a movie. We saw "The Tale of Despereaux" and I give it 4 stars out of 5. The baby mouse is so cute. And I cried at the end. I loved that it was about loyalty, honor, and forgiveness. My teenagers liked it too, but they wanted to see "Yes Man" instead so they made snarky comments here and there.
On our list to see:
Bedtime Stories
The Day the Earth Stood Still
City of Ember (now at the dollar theatre)
What movies have you seen this Christmas? What movies are a "Must See In Theatre" and what movies are "Wait For The DVD"?
Labels:
Robin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lots of people at our house saw Valkyrie and said it was good but not great and not exactly fun.
I want to see Bedtime Stories and Despereaux.
It costs $15 per person to see a movie here in Norway so we have yet to see a movie here. Despereaux is coming though and I might sneak out to see it with my youngest. I do love the word 'snarky' though! I still want to see Twilight. I know, I'm sappy.
We don't do movies in theaters. I can't stand sitting like that! (I saw Twilight at the midnight showing and was MISERABLE.) I much prefer to sit on my own comfy couch and cuddle and push pause and eat my own junk.
We have watched lots of movies this week though, all Christmas themed. I think ELF was on loop for a while there. So funny!
Julie, my ticket to Twlight was $12 I think! (The popcorn and soda were Beyond ridiculous. Wayyyy Beyond it)
This is great! Now I have a list of good movies. I didn't have a clue what was showing, let alone what is good. Alan doesn't do movies (he's almost deaf 7 misses 75% of the dialog) When I get back to Boise maybe I can get Kristen, or a grandson, or a friend to go to the movies with me. Or I'll put it on my Netflix list and watch them with my sweetie next year when they are available with captions for the hearing impaired.
Post a Comment