Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Your shoe is untied.

by Sally

April Fools' Day is tomorrow! Are you ready?



April Fools jokes should be funny. Not mean. Here are some ideas:

  • Change all the clocks in the house by two hours.
  • When someone calls your house, instead of answering the phone with "hello?", say "Hello! Is Bob there?"
  • Get access to someone's computer and take a snapshot of their entire desktop. You can do this with the 'print screen' key on the keyboard. Minimize all of their desktop icons and use the pic you just took as the NEW desktop background. Their pointer will still work but they won't be able to click on anything. I wish I could do this to my husband. I would LOVE to see his reaction.
  • Or, take a screenshot of the desktop screen, turn the picture upside down, and save it as wallpaper.



That's funny.

  • Have a pregnant friend take a pregnancy test, show your husband and tell him you are pregnant. (could be considered mean.)
  • Men, get a positive pregnancy test from a pregnant woman, and tell your wife that you are a freak of nature and are pregnant. If you do this, you must guest blog it here on Bossy.
  • Tell your kids that your city voted for All Year School with no vacations. You could even print up a fake letter "that came in the mail today" to show them.
  • I read about a woman whose mother, late at night on March 31, went around to her sleeping children and carried them into each other's rooms so they woke up in the wrong room. I might try this one. My kids would love it.
  • Use a post-it note placed underneath a computer mouse - ensure that it covers the ball or the optical sensor on the bottom. When someone goes to use the mouse, it won't work. On the post-it, write "April Fools!"
  • Here's a great one for your spouse in the morning.
  • And my personal favorite: "Your shoe is untied." I will be using this all day tomorrow. If you are going to be seeing me, wear loafers. You'll fall for it anyway.

For some entertainment, here's a (very detailed) record of well-known April Fools pranks. It is long but interesting.




Did you know that Costco now only buys milk from blue cows? Yum.


We want to hear about your Foolish plans! And pranks that you have played (or were played on you) in the past. Please share. We are having a huge blog giveaway for best April Fool's prank comment...a $1,000 gift card to Target!











April Fools!


Sorry. That was mean. But we do hope you have a fun April Fools Day and we would love to hear about your April Fools plans and ideas.


I dare ya.

11 comments:

Joe said...

I'm definitely doing the toilet paper floating trick.

"The joke's on poo!" embodies everything I love about April Fool's Day and corny humor.

Jess said...

I'm so using the second one on telemarketers. Maybe I'll use it all the time...

Melissa said...

I just blogged about the best trick to play on your family! Not to try and pluck Bossy readers, but really, it is worth it to go to my blog and do my trick. :)

Joke's on Poo. Joe, no wonder you are Jane's favorite uncle. :)

Emily said...

Oh, this is really funny. I wonder if the humor is lost on a 4 yr old? Probably depends. I think blue milk would be good. ;-)

Grand Pooba said...

LOL! I love the upside down desktop idea!

Robin said...

I am going to do the shoe lace and the drink joke on Melissa's page.

Phoebe said...

I might try moving the kids around while they are sleeping. They would love it!

One year we filled my friend's old VW bug with popcorn and then saran wrapped it. I am pretty sure that we thought it was funnier than he did!

Celia Fae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celia Fae said...

Dang. I wish I had read this before I wrote my April Fools post so I could have linked it. Very thorough. Thanks.

Going to Melissa now. I'm intrigued.

jacey said...

I heard about this one, but am not brave enough to try it...

My neighbor posted a classifed ad in the paper for a "Trained Bengal Tiger" and then put his friend's name and number as the contact. And the kicker, "My work schedule is such that the best time to reach me is in between 1:00 and 4:00 a.m." You wouldn't believe how many people were looking for a bengal tiger.

Laura said...

How am I supposed to thank you for reading and commenting on my blog if you don't have a blog to comment back on?

Nice to have you. I think your sister Emily is wonderful. And you seem pretty wonderful, too.