by Emily
When I first saw the title to Melissa's post "Say It With Me" I was sure it would be followed with "Go To Bed. Now." When I saw Kristen's post "So How's That Working for You?" I thought she was asking me about my late bedtimes. I feel like the universe (or maybe just Blogger) has been trying to tell me something.
This week I am going to attempt the almost impossible: going to bed each night (Monday-Sunday) at 9:00pm.
Begin: Today
This will be incredibly challenging for me, I always stay up late. I believe that going to bed earlier will be a big boost for my:
-health
-emotional well-being
-energy levels for physical activity
-concentration ability
-energy to prepare and eat healthier foods
But most of all I hope it will help me to be a better parent and a more patient and fun-loving spouse.
Anyone care to join me in this challenge?
What time do you go to bed?
Monday, March 30, 2009
Bossy Sister Emily's Challenge
Labels:
Confessions,
Emily,
Health
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I will join you in your challenge! Absolutely! Just not 9:00. I'll aim for 11:00. That is way earlier than my normal hour and for all the reasons you posted, this will help me! :)
I, too will join you, but I will aim for 10:30. Which is 3 hours earlier than I went to bed last night, and about 5 hours earlier than I actually fell asleep.
I'm headed to the doctor right now to see about getting a sleep aid. I just can't sleep anymore...too much stress!
I think we should do a follow up post to see how everyone did/felt. What do you think?
Kristen, have you tried a plain over-the-counter sleep aid like HCL? It's the stuff in Tylenol PM only without the Tylenol. You can get the generic brand at Walmart and it is called "Sleep Aid." Fancy, huh?
Awesome. I'm in. I am going to be in bed by 10:00 PM every night. It will be some kind of miracle. Maybe next week I'll do 9:00!
Thanks for such a great challenge.
Hubby goes by no later than 9:00. I burn the midnite oils.... if I tried to sleep at 9:00 I'd just lay there with my eyes open staring at the ceiling until midnite. It's the physical activity that I most need. Good luck with your challenge!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I will be going to bed at 9:00 pm this week. I think.
Sally, I like your glamor shot!
I used to stay up till the wee hours but I've found I'm a huge grouch when I do and the kids don't find any humor in it. Now I shoot for 10:00 to read until 11:00.
This is easy for me. We have early morning seminary at 6:00 so I have to go to bed early enough to wake up and start my day by 5:30. On the days I go to sleep by 9:30 I naturally wake up by 5 AM. It's great!
We should try to put up a poll every day this week to see how we do at getting to bed on time!
Emily, I have tried the over the counter stuff, but because I still have to get up at 6:00 I am super groggy if I take it. It seems to take about 12 hours to get out of my system. Also, it doesn't seem like my sleep is as rejuvinating.
I talked with my Dr. today and she prescribed a sleeping pill. I can't remember the name. We'll see how it works.
I called Emily tonight at 8:40 her time, and indeed, she was preparing for bed. Good Jorb, Emily!
And the update, to bore you:
I went to bed at 9:00 pm sharp. I turned my clock on its face so that I couldn't see the time during the night.
I was drowsy, not totally tired. I lay in bed, relaxed, thinking to myself that this might take awhile, but that there was something very relaxing about not feeling the pressure to fall asleep fast because it was already so late (like I feel when I got to bed past midnight).
I actually fell asleep within the hour. I woke up in the middle of the night, tossed and turned, but I expected that to happen so it didn't feel frustrating.
I still was awakened by my children this morning, and felt much to sleepy and grouchy for someone who went to bed so early. I think it's good I'm doing this for a full week.
Wish me luck tonight!
How did you feel all day today?
I didn't make it by 10 last night. Extenuating circumstances. But I swear I am going to do it tonight.
ah, that's why you didn't answer the phone when I called.
One of the nice things about being older with no kids at home, no employer, etc. is you can sleep as late as you want & take naps without feeling guilty.
ah, that's why you didn't answer the phone when I called.
One of the nice things about being older with no kids at home, no employer, etc. is you can sleep as late as you want & take naps without feeling guilty.
Post a Comment