Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

It is official. Put away those Parkas and long johns! Spring is HERE!

Here is your assignment for the day.
Go ahead! Try it! Stand your eggs all up on end!
Some people say it can only be done on the Vernal Equinox, but my research (10 minutes on Google) implies what it really takes is patience not the perfect alignment of sun, moon, stars ad equator.
Either way, it is cool! I can't wait for my kids to get home and show them.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

We just tried it. No luck. Could it be our countertops in this old house are crooked?

Anonymous said...

Only an egghead could accomplish that! LOL

Di
The Blue RIdge Gal
HAPPY HAPPY SPRING!!!!!

Kristen said...

I haven't tried, but I love those brown eggs. I used to buy my eggs from a friend of mine who had chickens. We'd get brown, pink, green, and sometimes an almost blue egg...depending on the chicken that laid it. I loved it and the yolks were so bright yellow and firm.

I miss farm fresh eggs.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Don't give up too easily. It really does work! Even the next day or two. We do it every year on the spring and fall equinox, and whatever Google says, I just prefer thinking that it has to do with something magically scientific, like the gravitational pull on the earth's magnetic forces. It makes kindergartners think it's scientific. I'm simply never going to try it in December or July. Sprinkle just a few grains of salt on the table/countertop first, then blow it away when your eggs are standing upright. Even the more pointed end will stand up.
The "Egghead" Grammie

Linda Austin Hart said...

I think the older the egg is, the better it works. What do you think? At least I know that is true regarding the ease of peeling hard boiled eggs.

in one week it will be time to weed my flower garden. I always do this doing gen. conference sessions, with my port radio on the ground next to me. Either that, or reorganize a few cupboards & drawers. I can better concentrate on the messages doing these things. How about you?