Monday, March 23, 2009

What's for dinner

by Sally


Do you love to eat?


If so, you are going to love this site. I have already told you that I love chowhound for finding new and delicious places to eat. Today I am going to show you a part of the site that I love because it's all about home cooking. In fact, it's called 'Home Cooking'. Ever wondered what to do with polenta? Balsamic vinegar? How to make perfect toffee? What to bring to a potluck, or what to serve for appetizers? Check it out. You will love it.


http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/31

I am looking to get new knives. The cheapo Sears set that we got as a wedding gift 14 years ago ain't cutting it anymore (pun intended). I will be using the Chowhound Home Cooking site as my go-to resource for knife info.



Here are some headlines from last week:

One Dish Wonders! Simple, healthy and quick. What is your favorite?
Freeze Enchiladas with or without sauce
Sherry substitute for a tomato cream sauce?
my frosting separated
Pie Crust Problems

As you can see, it includes anything having to do with home cooking. I mean, who hasn't had pie crust problems?! Okay, but really, wouldn't you like to get some more one dish wonders?

Enjoy Chowhound Home Cooking!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the restaurant reviews on chowhound. I also like citymama blog--she posts a lot of foodie stuff.

I always need inspiration for dinner.

wenderful said...

Great tip. I'm off to check it out.