Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My turn to post

To all our amazing and fabulous readers I would like to apologize. Today was my turn to post on Bossy! and I totally blew it.


Why would I do this?, you might ask. Well, I have no good reason at all. On Monday, I thought, "Oh, I need to do my post for Bossy! tomorrow", and I started to gather some thoughts about what to post. But perhaps Emily's Neti Pot post just pushed it all out of my mind. I don't know. Everytime I've blown my nose though, since Em's post (which is frequent as I'm getting over a cold), I think "I wish I could try a Neti Pot." This morning, that was one of the first thoughts to go through my mind after, "Why can't my 15 year old use an alarm clock? What is wrong with him? What is wrong with me that I continue to support this self-indulgent behavior?" Then my mind went straight from there to "I wish I had a Neti Pot". I don't know, it's hard to beat a post that has a woman pouring liquid into one nostril and watching it pour out of the other. Thanks Em!


Anyway, I just have one little thing to blog about today... that is time. I have a lot of time on my hands now, as I was just laid off of my job (which stinks!). And guess how I am filling my time? Yup...T.V. All the new seasons have begun. I am DVRing, among other shows, The Biggest Loser (Holy Smokes!), True Beauty (my guilty show - but my kids don't know it or see it), Psych (my favorite), American Idol (I'll decide after a few episodes if I want to continue), Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, The Office, and Superstars of Dance. Good-Grief! Like I'll ever have enough time to watch all of that.






I need to get focused. Can I justify all this TV if I do jumping jacks during all the commercials? Probably not because I fast forward through them. Maybe if I do jumping jacks during the opening theme song portion of the show?


What are your T.V. shows? Do you DVR or just watch? Do you have "guilty" shows that you watch? If so...dish!

8 comments:

mandbrid said...

Ahhh...

I happened upon True Beauty and I'll keep watching it if I catch it...don't love it enough to know the day and time it comes on.

My list:

The ones I MUST watch (we usually catch them on HULU since they are not appropriate for our kiddos to watch)

24

Prison Break - (I begged to name one of my new babies "Wentworth")

The Office - (I begged even harder to name one of the babies Dwight - I kid you not!)

Heros

The ones I like to watch:

Fringe (new last fall - I think I like it)

So You Think You Can Dance - never missed an episode this summer

Biggest Loser - Husband doesen't care for this but I'm glued if I catch it on

Robin said...

OK - i will try True Beauty.

You need to knit hats while you watch TV so you can be productive! Or polish silver. I know you have LOTS of silver.

Anonymous said...

I mostly stick to HGTV or CNN... we just don't seem to watch the 3 major networks anymore.... the shows are way too silly and contrived for our old brains to 'get it'. AND, far too many commercials and we don't DVR. Hubby watches CSI, NCIS, Dirty Jobs, and lots of old military movies....

wenderful said...

This is an easy question. We love:

Biggest Loser

24

American Idol

So You Think You Can Dance

The Office (although it's been a little raunchy lately)

Oh, and America's Favorite Videos with all the kids.

It's been over a year since we've watched regular shows but these are the ones we're hooked on this year.
Great question.

Emily said...

Kristen, we must be sisters. And you must be sisters with my sisters, because you sound so much like my sisters. Which all makes sense, because we ARE sisters.

At first (I didn't know who was posting today) I thought I was reading a post from Melissa. Then I read "my 15 yr old son" and thought it was a post by Robin. Then you talked about the neti pot some more, and for some reason I thought, yep, this is Robin.

Then you said you were laid off work, and I was like (for a split second) "Robin was laid off too (like Kristen?!)!! But I thought she was self-employed!!! or...this is Kristen's post." Yeah. I guess we're all sisters and sometimes we sound like eachother. :-)

Now, as I commented to Robin earlier this week: BURN NOTICE! Season 3 doesn't start until this Spring/Summer, but add it to your DVR and maybe you'll catch some re-runs.

BURN NOTICE is freakin' awesomely totally sweet coolness with a punch of humor.

Go. Get yourself a copy of season 1 & 2. You will be hooked. It is a super cool spy show similar to Chuck, but different. It's a "genius" match on your iPod (In otherwords: if you like Chuck, you'll love Burn Notice. In fact, Burn Notice is like a combination of Chuck and 24, not as intense as 24 but lots of cool explosions, no torture or blood, and funny like Chuck with an ex-spy who does good-deeds like Robin Hood, and likes to eat yogurt. It is really funny, makes fun of itself, plays cool music, has great special effects. Fun.)

Sally said...

Chuck
Top Chef
Extreme Home Makeover if I want a good cry
The Office
30 Rock
Grey's Anatomy

I think if you drink water while you watch TV that is almost like exercising. Especially if you are watching a show about dancing or outdoor survival.

Melissa said...

Love Sally's comment. When I watch action shows my heart rate goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAY up. That counts as exercise right?

Linda Austin Hart said...

okay! yes! I needed a list of shows to dvr on my new expensive receiver. And now that I have the beginnings of one from this post & comments, I just need to read the instructions again so I can do it.