I detest housework. One way I can make it tolerable is to crank up some good tunes. I like to listen LOUD and being The Mom (frequently with a child napping somewhere in the house) isn't always conducive to a major rock-out in the middle of the kitchen.
On the flip side, if I do start dancing around and singing, my kids are usually very happy to join in. So at least I'm not dancin by my se-helf, whoa ho ho ho.
What are your preferred tunes for housework? Lately my favorites are Gwen Stefani, Ben Folds, Josh Rouse, and Billy Joel's Greatest Hits CDs that I can sing along to. I tend to listen to music obsessively and love it until I kill it, then I can't stand it anymore. Poor Josh Rouse only has a few weeks left before I'm done with him.
My goal this week is to perfectly time my kid's naps around housework chores so that I can get maximum music enjoyment and volume while not ruining naps. Oh, the thrilling challenges of being me.
This bird likes to rock out, too. Enjoy.
The video is long, but it is worth watching at least 20 seconds. Especially if you love Queen/80's greatest hits, like me!
4 comments:
VERY CUTE, but all that head banging just gives me a headache... LOL
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
My kids loved this video, and at about 1:50 the bird changes his style to the change in the music. It is so funny! I also like his grand ending.
I have the exact same problem as you: I need music to get moving to house work, but the time I want to do it is during nap time when the kids are down and I have no interruptions. Oh well.
My kids have made some mixes for me that are full of spazzy music. Hannah's mixes are the best. I listen to them about 50 times and then suddenly - done with it. I also listen to talk radio while I clean NPR, Dr. Laura, conservative people.
I'm not a fan of cleaning - but I sure do like a clean house.
Think you learned that housekeeping music from me? I still do it, and I crakn it up loud. Best thing about doing it these days are:
1. I have my phone headset on so I know when the phone is ringing.
2. I have caller id with announcement of who is calling, so I don't have to go in and look at it to see who. Unless it's you kids or someone am hoping for a callback, I usually just keep listening to my music & continue what I'm doing, & don't answer the call & then listen to the messages at my convenience.
3. Best of all: If my husband comes in the door, he doesn't yell at me & turn it off like that first guy did.
How can ppl live without music??
reminds me of ABBA: "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing. Thanks for all the joy their bringing, Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty, what would life be? without a son, & a dance?"
Post a Comment