Friday, May 15, 2009

I have this amazing sister...


well, I'm not sure what to call her. Our parents were married for a while, so I can call her sister right?

Picture this, I'm sitting down reading Christmas cards and I open a darling letter from her family. I read all about the adventures of her 5 young children, her busy husband and then, I read that in addition to raising 5 kids (twins in there), owning a dance studio and teaching dozens of dancers each year, serving in her church and the daily tasks of house and home she has written a book!

An actual book. I can't even write my grocery list.

I can't wait to have this in my hands. I am so proud of her! Not only does it take talent to write like this, but perseverance to get it out there! To become a published author. Wow!

You should read it too. I read the first chapter and cannot wait to get this in my hands. You can buy it on amazon.com or through her publisher here. I think my 10 year old will really be into it too, especially because Aunt Laura is an author!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I read about it on Amazon and it looks great. Young Adult fantasy.... I am excited to get a copy of it! :)

Thanks for the heads up, I also really love hearing about new authors.

Sally said...

Wow! That is so cool. And impressive. I am going to check it out right now.

Robin said...

Ike will be impressed that his buddy's mom did this. Cardston, right? I think she is very pretty and Holy Cow! Where did she find the time?

Kristen said...

This is awesome! I think Laura is amazing, and I am excited to read this book!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Oh, Laura is a darling girl. I am buying this book for certain! I'm headed to amazon as soon as I catch up on my reading of the last several days of Bossy!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Oh, Laura is a darling girl. I am buying this book for certain! I'm headed to amazon as soon as I catch up on my reading of the last several days of Bossy!