The other day, Rocio, my wonderful housekeeper, told me that I need to have another baby and then right after the baby is born, for 2 months, put my pee on my face to get rid of my sun spots. She said she did it and it worked. But only right after the baby is born. Actually, I wasn't sure if she meant my pee or the baby's pee (language barrier) but I am pretty sure she meant that I should use my own. Pee. On my face.
She also told me she can get some cream from Mexico for me that will make me look like a bloated monster for 3 days but then after a month my skin will all fall off and then I will have gorgeous new skin. Only $100.
This was unsolicited, by the way. I was minding my own business, it's not like I asked her "what do you think about my skin? Do you think it needs some pee?"
I have heard lots of crazy folk wisdom, especially when I lived in Russia, but this may top them all.
Next time you see someone with flawless skin, remember: they may be a pee pee face.
16 comments:
Hilarious!
Could you ship your pee to mee?
Does the pee have to bee fresh?
I mean - if you started a pee facial order business then you could have a few more babies and hire a nanny for each one.
Should the pee be cloudy or clear?
Nice idea for a skin care scam but doubt you could get many to buy into it unless you live in Mexico.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
HA HA HA! I have heard of this. Gross. But really, does postpartum pee really make it that much better?
How about asparagus pee?
I dare you to do this.
Actually you are to do the pee pee thing if you have a bad pimple problem, but it had to be the first pee of the day. I read this some where but can't remember where exactly but I could not believe it when I read this. Who know it was from Mexico I wonder what else they are going to give us....
I've actually heard of this too. I had a roommate in college who used to have really bad acne. Her dermatologist (no...she didn't live in Mexico) told her to put her urine (and no...she didn't just have a baby) on her face. She tried it and it actually worked! I guess it depends on how desperate you are. :) It had something to do with birth control having horse urine in it and typically your acne gets better when you are taking birth control...so I guess somebody started trying the cheapest way. :)
I can hear the conversation now...
"But Dave, we just have to have one more child, so I can gain 50 lbs, have saggy breasts, vomit for 8 months, get more stretch marks, grow extra hair, loose all of my hair, All so that I can use the urine I produce after to rid myself of a spot or two..."
Yeah, He'd buy it. I can't even convince myself! LOL.
Ewww. I can only guess what's in that cream from Mexico.
Freckles are cool. Don't pee on them, Sally!
Cleaners should not give unsolicited advice unless it's about cleaning. I like your freckles too, Melissa is hilarious.
Faith is 6 months. I have brown spots. Have I waited to long to use her pee or can I start now?
I speak un poco espanol. Do you want me to translate my question for Rocio?
I think this remedy is totally legit. I lived in Hungary and everyone recommended I put my morning's first urine on my face.
I wasn't courageous enough to test this experience, but I had a friend who was desperate.
Two weeks of rubbing urine on his face made me a believer.
I think I'll stink with my acne though.
This is just so funny!
Harley, the way your post reads it made me laugh. I envisioned you rubbing urine on his face.
I told this to my friend, Carole, who lived in Peru. She said they use urine for everything.
Sally, you win. Most educational, albeit icky, post I have ever read. Too bad my birthin' days are LONG, LONG gone. (are sun spots freckles? I adore freckles!!!)
Kelsy was told the exact same thing by her Latina companion in Paraguay, except she needed to wash her face with her own urine in order to clear up the acne.
That is hilarious. I have met Rocia and visited with her a few times.
She is delightful. This story adds a whole new dimension to her personality. I'm not sure what dimension, but it's way out there.
Post a Comment