First, for the little kids:
Around here, we love noggin.com. It's entertaining (features all of your little kids' favorite TV characters) and it's safe for your children, educational and free.
A screen capture from poissonrouge. Every single item is clickable and leads to a game.
We also love poissonrouge, which is a great French site (and you don't need to speak French to use it). Poisson Rouge means Red Fish, fyi.
Starfall is a great educational site. Fun games teach letters and reading. They also have printable material and you can order teaching materials from them, too.
Now for the adults. Make-a-flake! Technically, your kids can do this too, but you will love it and get addicted. (You will know you are too into it if you feel annoyed when your children make inferior snowflakes, and you can't wait until it's your turn.) Give it a try. See if you can cut shapes, letters, etc into the snowflake. It's an excellent way to put off housework.
We are always looking for new babysitters educational sites for the kids and better ways to put off housework, so if you know of any, please share.
5 comments:
Sally, my computer won't load up the photos. ;-(
All these sites are AWESOME. My snowflake rocked. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out how to do it, then I was hooked, but it was just a short break from my routine.
Poissonrouge is probably the coolest. Plus it is french, so that makes it cooler.
Thanks for sharing the awesome sites. They are all totally awesome.
These are all great! I love free stuff!
OK, this isn't technically educational, and it shows that I have older kids, but...
my kids LOVE Linerider. I'd put it in the technical category. It requires a little planning and creativity. If you haven't seen it, go take a look.
Jack just got a DS game with all kinds of questions from the SATs. He's learning a ton.
I've heard Starfall is fun.
Wenderful, I want to know what DS game that is. My son also loves linerider.
Sally, I used Poisson Rouge and Starfall all the time when my kids were little. In my preschool, we used the Starfall books that I ordered and the workbooks. They were awesome! I used to have a HUGE list of great educational sites.
Now the sites my kids visit are mostly "guitartabs.com" and polarbear bowling.
I want to show you all the super cool snowflakes we made yesterday! They were amazing! Sometimes we made a flake that we thought was a mistake and it ended up being beautiful. Ike LOVES line rider.
Thanks Sally!
Post a Comment