Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Would you wear it?

by Kristen






The Oscars have come and gone and all that remains is the buzz of fashion critiques. I don't claim to have the best sense of fashion, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear any of the following (even if my body size indicated I could).




Um...hello? Just because no one knows who you are doesn't mean you should dress like this...and the shoes?






I wonder if she gets good reception with that foil dress on?





Oh dear, Cyndi, forget the dress, what happened to your hair?





I used to have a negligee like this, but mine was black, and more modest.





What is with the epaulet on this buttercup yellow dress? The dress might work without it, it is just wierd.





Hmmmm...





Okay, this looks like she is wearing an uncomfortable thick brocade curtain which is ugly to boot. Can she even move in this?



*



*



*



And lastly... the dress I actually really like and would love to see from the front, and yes, I would wear it in a heartbeat if I fit the dress...





Beautiful. I love the ruching in this dress. It's fabulous!

6 comments:

Sally said...

I love the last dress too! Although I don't think she looked comfortable in it at all and as one commenter said, the dress was wearing her, not the other way around. Still. I loved it!

And I actually liked Beyonce's dress but it was a little old for her.

And,I have Paula's dress but mine is in hot pink not buttercup yellow. It looks great on Sundays at church except that one of my kids wiped their face on the front so there's a little boogie smear. bleeech.

Melissa said...

That first chick needs to comb her hair.

Linda Austin Hart said...

How do any of them sit down in the theatre seats with these frocks, especially the ones with trains?

Emily said...

I love the wacky things celebrities wear and the creativity involved, and also the question of "at which point did the filter in their brain malfunction and decide that wearing this was a good idea?"

I do think the last dress is gorgeous, like a dream wedding gown. It is LOVERLY.

Anonymous said...

hehehe ... Cindy Lauper ... looks like she done bopped.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love this. I hadn't seen any of the dresses...(i know i'm out of it.) so I got a good laugh. Wow, it really is hard to believe they really wore these!! Really, what more can I say.