These are my tried and true standard black, comfortable shoes. Shown here both with socks and without, as I wear them both ways. These got me through Valentine's Day when I was on my feet all day at the florist shop where I worked. You can see they are old, and should be replaced...but won't be until I find the next perfect pair.
I also have my favorite flip flops... in fact, I have lots of favorite flip flops.
Orange with a flower ...

Orange with a flower ...
My Chacos. These were actually prescribed for me by my podiatrist when I told him I refused to wear a boot... he thought for a minute and said, "I'm just trying to think of some way to treat this in which you will actually comply". These Chacos were the solution. I love them. (By the way, the foot is fine now).
My Adidas flip flops. I get a new pair (sometimes two) every summer. Always with pink on them.
These are my favorite really out of style shoes. I always got compliments when I wore them. I bought them at a second hand store for $3.00. Yay! By the way, these are NOT comfortable, and my dog kept trying to lick them. Weird.
Ah...my favorite boots. I love these boots. As you can see they are old, I had to take them to a cobbler to have them re-soled because I couldn't bear to part with them. I love these boots. They look fabulous with jeans or a with a long skirt... not so good with my bare leg as you can see.
Then of course, I've got my sexy pink pumps. I love these. I'm very self conscious wearing them though. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
You've heard the saying, "I used to complain because I had no shoes, but then I met a man who had no feet." Well, I'm thinking, I'd still feel bad if I had no shoes. Thank goodness I do, and you've just seen my favorites.
13 comments:
Those pink pumps are a conservative kind of sexy, so you should wear them as much as you can because they are so lovely!
P.S. I like this post a lot, especially the photos. :)
Hooray! A shoe post! I love shoes! Mom says when I was little and got lost in the store she didn't look for me in the toys like the other kids, she went straight to the shoes! :)
I love your flip flops and your pretty toes. The pink pumps are my favorite!
Those pink pumps are gorgeous.
I know what you mean about waiting to replace your trusty black loafers until you find the perfect replacement. I have a pair of oxblood loafers that I love and I haven't been able to replace them. Emily has them too. I just haven't found the perfect replacement yet (but Emily did!). Jason calls them my "clown shoes" so I really need to get rid of them.
If you put some black shoe polish on your black shoes they will look great!
You bought second hand shoes? Don't you worry about where those shoes have been? What if the previous owner had serious athletes foot. Gross!
my, what nice ankles you have!
Red shoes, preferably pumps (heels0 are my favorite. Unfortunately I don't have any, in my wardrobe at present. I gave 26 pairs of shoes to D.I. and can only wear Dansko or something with built in orthotics and a rocker base. Dansko does make a maryjane style in a patent cordoba red for $130. I'm saving my $$.
Anon, yup. I bought em. I took them home and sprayed them with lysol about 10 times before I ever wore them, and then I only wore them with nylons for a long time. I figure anything that might have been alive in there has got to be dead now.
Gross, I know. I felt kind of oogy buying them, but I just loved them. Anyway, they haven't given me any problems. They are the one and only pair of second hand shoes I've ever bought.
I probably wont do it again, unless, in this economy I become destitute. (Actually, this is a real possibility).
I've bought second-hand shoes. Maybe that's why I have a funky toe nail. LOL! :)
I buy second hand everything but underwear. I used to not buy pj's, but found some darling ones and am just really picky now.
2nd hand kids beater shoes is a great way to go. And Dress up shoes! :)
Kristen I think you are great but if you don't get rid of those black shoes immediately my head will explode. Go to zappos.com and order 50 pairs, try them all on, pick the ones you love, and send the rest back. Shipping is free both ways. Do it and then blog about it. Please. for me.
If I see Sally's clown shoes I will rip them off her feet.
I agree with Paige. Those black shoes need a polish or dump them.
You have nice ankles.
I'm a friend of Robin's here in CS. You must visit, and we must go shoe shopping. ...Really.
Post a Comment