I've been trying to come up with a list of things that made me laugh recently and I'm not sure they are funny.
Well, I think they are funny, but they might be the "you had to be there" kind of funny. Like when my sweet mild mannered husband said to the woman at the drive thru (who spoke no English) "Danke Muchacha!!!!!!!!!" in a loud gravelly voice. I spit out my soda. She'd already closed the window, but we laughed till we cried. Then, we said it over and over on our trip and laughed each time.
We laugh when we hear our sleeping little ones snoring.
We laugh when we see our kids being goofy.
We laugh at dumb shows like the office. Oh, Angela and the hairball! ack!
We laugh at silly mis-said words. Lily has been making "clementines" (valentines) for her cousins all week.
We laugh when we do the same dumb mistakes. Will I ever learn to put Jell-O in the fridge without spilling it?
We laughed at the letter of apology my son wrote to his teacher. In respect to him I won't share it, but I promise it made his teacher smile.
We laugh at pictures--captured images that show Personality!
Tell me what has made you laugh lately.
6 comments:
This made me laugh:
Men Writing Advice Columns
Dear Walter,
I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.
When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years.
When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him.
He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.
Can you please help?
Sincerely, Sheila
******************************
Dear Sheila:
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.
I hope this helps.
Walter
Anonymous just made me laugh.
We have a friend named Veronica. My 3yo calls her "Harmonica" and can't seem to get her name right. It makes me laugh each time.
Sally's little boy says "Bangit!" instead of Dangit! and it makes me laugh.
My husband gave my daughter a little toy thing that "sings" 'Eye of the Tiger' while dancing. Whenever it is singing she has the most priceless look of "I don't know what the heck that thing is, but get it away from me."
Makes me laugh every time.
That and a conversation on the way into the house last night. My husband and I were discussing something about reading and painting. My little guy says, "I want to paint and read." I reply (to deflect the request as it was bedtime). "That sounds like Heaven doesn't it?"
He replies, "No, like us."
I laughed when friends told me their pregnant daughter could hardly wait for her baby to be born so she could get a good night's sleep.
Post a Comment