Friday, February 6, 2009

U R a QT.







Remember reading every single conversation heart from every boy in your class and trying to find hidden meanings? Does he like me? The conversation heart says YES! This post is about Kids Valentines! Growing up we never ever bought boxed Valentines, so my kids don't complain when I cover the dining room table with pink and red paper, doilies and stickers, and tell them "Go Wild!"

I love Valentines Day! I love watching my kids pour over their bags of cards and eating too much sticky sweetness and reading silly jokes and cheesy well wishes.

Getting Valentines ready for classmates is becoming a bigger and bigger job each year. At first we just made a handful for friends, then we started Pre-school and had to sign 12 of them! That was intense. This year we have 3 school age kids with 25 in each class... time to stream line. I think tomorrow we will be making these:and these:


Although something like this is fun, I think we'd loose our steam half way through.

Please share your adorable ideas for kids valentines. I'm not totally sold. (Also, if your child came home with a home-made goody from a classmate would you let them eat it? assuming they didn't eat it on the bus on the way home... para.) I don't want to bother delicately decorating 90 sugar cookies with individualized names for nothing.... yeah right.

Ideas came from here

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter and her children make a lot of hand-made items for the different holidays. This year they made button bookmarks and each of my granddaughter's classmates will be receiving one this year. Here's the link to my daughter's post showing how they made them..

http://whattheysay57.blogspot.com/2009/02/button-up-your-books-valentine-craft.html

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

They don't do Valentine's in middle school and high school. Bummer.

I think I would let my kid eat a homemade treat if it was really cute and well wrapped. Not that any of that would prevent him from getting germs...but I think homemade treats are fine. And - I think homemade valentines are WONDERFUL. The messier and cheesier they are, the better.

Melissa said...

Di, those are darling! Thanks for sharing! :)

diane said...

These airplanes are really cute and wrapped so no problem.

http://basicjoy.blogspot.com/

Nortorious said...

No, I would not let my kid eat a homemade treat herself. Homemade treats are for mamas, crap candy is for kids.

Kristen said...

I'm with Notorious. That being said, send my kids the homemade treats. I will love them!

Linda Austin Hart said...

cute ideas. I miss having little ones around to make valentines with. It really is a holiday with fond school days memories.