Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

by Emily

Dedicated to Dads: we love you and appreciate you. Maybe your story isn't like this, but you're needed in your own unique way. Here's to you, the way you continue to give and love year after year. We love you.


8 comments:

Kerren said...

A very precious tribute to "Bill" and all the other dads out there who face their own challenges and embrace their own joys! Thank you Emily, and thanks to all the great dads as we honor you today!

Emily said...

Yes, Kerren, I too think the story on the video about the dad is very sweet. ;-)

xo

Anonymous said...

This made me cry like a baby-- What a neat guy.

Robin said...

I can't see the video.Bummer. Happy Father's day anyways!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
davers said...

That was nice. One thing bugged me a big though ... how his daughter said a couple times how he was given an ultimatum, and he thought about it and decided to be 100%.

I can't imagine even thinking about not being 100% loyal ... I'm fairly certain I'd be quite offended at the mere suggestion that I might even have to think about it. Based on what the father said and the spirit he gave I think he's probably of the same mindset as me .... but didn't act offended at the suggestion but simply spoke of what a blessing it is to be a father. Now that's a good man.

Personally I think being a father is more than enough blessing in and of itself ... I even feel a tad weird for being recognized for it ... being a father is a tremendous blessing in and of itself. The greatest blessing I can imagine. But being a father also involves being gracious on father's day and giving your kids the opportunity to express their thanks ... or at least learn that skill.

I love the way Lily has been giving me everything she can find over the last couple days saying it was a present. Today it was a pair pair of her stockings, and one of Michael's toys.
:)

Melissa said...

Beautiful story. I agree Dave, I bet he didn't have to think about staying with his wife or raising his child. He had already made those decisions.

My kids have the best dad. :)

Linda Austin Hart said...

I had a wonderful dad & I miss him. I am grateful for Alan who loves my children and says they filled the hole in his heart for never having children of his own.