
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you get up early, and work like a bee, and post on the blog, Bossy!?
Is that what you do? Neither do we!
All kidding aside, if Hallmark is right, and it is the thought that counts, we are golden here! But, if it is action that matters... well, we are falling short.
As Bossy! sisters, we have been talking about how often to post in the summer time, because the rest of the song is a lot more accurate. We are busy swimming in pools, swinging on swings, drinking lemonades, and watching clouds drift by. And we think that's what you ought to do too.
So take some time off the computer and enjoy summer. We will be blogging, probably once a week, but we are still working out the details, so don't forget us. In the meantime, sing this little song to yourself or with your kids while you enjoy a nice summer day!

"Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?" from the Children's Primary Songbook
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by?
Is that what you do? So do I!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do? So do I!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades or count all the stars in the sky?
Is that what you do? So do I!
7 comments:
Also, here's a plug for Google Reader. If you haven't already figured out how to use Google Reader (or some similar service), do it! It is a great way to take some time off your blogs, but still make sure new posts are sent to your "in" box. That way you don't miss anything, and they're all waiting for you at your convenience. And...you don't waste precious summer time hopping around to all your blog sites to see if they've updated, only to be disappointed if they haven't.
Google Reader is the best!
Now, I'm going to go eat some watermelon. Really.
I agree.... life and fun come first and blogging falls somewhere else further down the list. Have a fun summer!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I love this song. Great use of music in a blog post, KK!
YOu are so clever!
Now I want watermelon.
Hooray for summer! Hooray for a change of pace!
Post a Comment