I love apples. This time of year I refuse to buy them from the store. We have an apple orchard down the road and I love the crisp fall air, riding on a wagon pulled by a cool tractor, branches heavy with apples, watching my kids eat apples the size of their faces.... We often pick more than I think we'll be able to eat and in a few days I realize they are gone and I haven't made apple pie or applesauce-- we've just munched them nice and juicy!

These are last years orchard pics, The camera hasn't made it on any trips this year... Don't they all look young!

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup light karo syrup
10 big marshmallows
Cook first 4 ingredients over medium heat. Stir constantly, Use candy thermometer and cook till it reads 232* Stir in 10 big marshmallows till they've melted. Dip apples!
10 comments:
Yum!! I'll be printing this off to use soon!
Melissa, how many people would this feed? We are going to use this recipe for our upcoming Super Saturday, so if you were going to have an Apple Bar, for 50+ women, how would you multiply this recipe--times 5, 10?
I never cook any of the fabulous recipes my Bossy sisters post. I just don't cook. But today, I stood in the produce section of the grocery store, and I drooled (okay, maybe not actually drooled) over the "store bought style" caramel apples. Gross. I am going to make this. And do you know how I know I will. Because I KNOW I have all the ingredients.
Thank you!
So nice to read a post from you all again! Keep 'em coming!
Looks yummy but would probably pull every filling out of my head. You can eat the one you made for me, okay?
DI
Melissa gave me this recipe last year and I used it. SO GOOD. I have a big box of freshly picked apples and will make this caramel for them.
Sally, I dunno! I think I made it last spring for about 30 apples and we used it on popcorn too... it stretches further than you would think. But, because I would hate to run out, I think I'd 3x it. I put it in a crockpot and kept it warm. Worked lovely. It will keep a long time too, we are still dipping into the leftovers from a batch I made for the kids teachers a month ago. :)
Di- You'd be surprised! It isn't sticky-- well, actually, it is when it is kids eating at and stringing it along their chins--- but, I have horrible teeth and am really careful about chewing, but dipping slices of apples in this dip isn't hard on my teeth at all... especially when it is warm... mmmm!
Oh yum. Thank you for the crockpot idea to keep it warm. Yum, yum.
This looks so good!! Its fat free right? :)! I think I will be making these for gifts this year..THANKS!
Check out this YOU! Doc's (Dr. Oz) article about apples. I love fall apples!
http://www.realage.com/tips/control-cholesterol-with-this-crunchy-snack
http://www.realage.com/tips/red-delicious-and-nutritious
Post a Comment