Well, this is my response to that now, "Honey, I trust you so much that I asked you to cut my hair. I handed you scissors and put my golden mane in your steady hands. Of course I trust you!"
Of course, when I did this, one of my teenagers didn't trust himself. He backed away and said, "No way! I'm not cutting your hair. What if I mess up?"
The other teenager? He happily took the scissors and went to town. Here is the happy result:
How much do you trust your teenagers?
6 comments:
I totally trust my teenagers! Especially because they are not teenagers yet. I love this post and you look really cute. I love the blue sweater with the sparklies.
I remember mom and dad not letting me go to certain parties, or do certain things, and I remember them saying that they trusted ME, but not necessarily everyone else who would be there. I also remember them saying "If we teach you repeatedly that certain things are wrong, and then give you permission to go to a party where those things will be happening, what kind of parents are we?".
I am dreading the teenage years.
I'm not ready for this, as a parent. Do I need to be worrying about this already? Yikes! ;-)
I don't trust my teenagers nearly as much as you trust yours! I would be afraid to let them near my hair with a knife! You are one brave mama! And I think the cut is darling.
You have great teenagers! You also have great hair, you look gorgeous.
I don't think about teen years. Whenever I do I go find a toddler mess to clean up (don't have to look far...) and thank my lucky stars that crayons on walls are my big worry.
I agree with the fact that I trust my kids but not the rest of the world. I also remember the stuff I did...and I was a "good kid."
I'm giving away a pretty scarf so all you Bossy ladies need to come see if you would like it and leave a comment! It's a nice one!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
P.S. I never trusted my teenager further than I could throw her... I could read her mind and always knew her next move)
Post a Comment