Friday, November 20, 2009

You look fabulous!

by Sally

Well, you really do look fabulous. But if you are like me, you could look even more fabulous.

Although I was voted "Best Dressed" in junior high (yes, it's true), I am not a trendy person. Somehow I now have significantly less time for and interest in clothing than I did when I was 14. I tend to wear the same things over and over again, and I don't accessorize well or keep up with new trends. I don't even think about it, but I do want to look good. I need fashion help!

Enter a blog I recently found: YouLookFab. The title of a recent post was "Autumn Mom on the Go: flop proof outfit #6". Now that is a headline that draws me in! I have no idea what they mean by flop proof, but I can think of some possibilities. Maybe this is an outfit that won't look like:
  • I just flopped out of bed
  • I am about to flop down on the couch and watch a soap opera in the middle of the day
  • My yoga pants and pullover are flopping all over the place

These "flop proof" posts include a specific formula for creating an outfit. A non-flop outfit. I can use this kind of instruction! As I write this, I am wearing flop proof outfit #1. I like it. And I would welcome any other outfit formulas you might have to offer.

Also check here for women I admire who know how to dress: Diane, Jessica, and Paige. If you blog about fashion, post your url in our comments!

10 comments:

Robin said...

I am done being floppy!

Where can i get embellished t-shirts????

janelle said...

Well I have to admit I am with Paige. Been there done that with the leggings and if that is fashionable I guess I no longer am. However kaitlyn looks super cute in them!!!

diane said...

Robin, Ann Taylor Loft has a bunch of cute, embellished tees and they are age appropriate too...not that I'd know anything about that...

The you look fab lady was recently on the Today show. My only complaint on her blog is that there are not enough pictures. I'm a visual person.

Salt H2O said...

Ok, you may laugh but I found the easiest way to not look foppy with the least amount of effort- eyelash extentions.

I wish I was kidding.

Jess said...

Thanks for the new blog! (Not that I need anotehr blog to read, but I could always use some fashion help.)

PS. JCrew usually has graphic/embellished Ts. And they'll probably go on sale after Christmas!

Paige said...

I'm not fashionable but I do care. I love Diane too and have never heard of you look fab! Subscribing.

Abbie said...

Okay, I am in love with this cute blog you have here. I love the sisterly love that's going on. I just said love 3 times. oh, make that 4.

Emily, just wanted to say hi and say I totally remember you from Wymount (I loved that ward!)

P.S. On the fashion front, I like forever 21. Yes, it geared toward high school girls, but it's cheap and you can find some trendy stuff. And it's online.

Emily said...

Abbie, Forever 21? I don't know if I fit in those clothes. ;-) Actually, I've only checked the store out once, and I remember thinking that there were good cheap prices on trendy things, and that you shouldn't judge the store by what they have in their window, because a lot of the window dressing was skanky. ;-) I'm all about the cheap trendy clothes, because they're fun while they're "in" and they're cheap, so when they're out, no guilt.

I'm going to go check them out online right now.

Emily said...

P.S. Thanks for checking out our blog!

To everyone else, Abbie's blog is really cute, you should check it out. It kinda makes you want to trade places with her, and motivates you to be artistic and do fun things. I love it. ;-)
xo

Lance and Becky said...

Sally, Sally, Sally!! I am hurt! I worked in the fashion world and you don't call me? Next time I am down we can play dress up and eat oreo truffles. Janelle always calls me I am like Fashion 911!! Oh and the leggings thing has many rules if you are going to wear them.