And did you know that there is controversy over when exactly Flag Day is observed: some say the second Sunday in June (that's tomorrow), others insist on June 14 (which is Monday this year). Why can't we all just get along?
Anyway, put your flags up! It's time to decorate for the 4th of July, and honor Betsy Ross who sewed the first flag.
Betsy Ross. Amazing! This is exactly what I look like when I am sewing flags by hand!
Happy Flag Day!


7 comments:
I thought Bossy the Blog was over and done with. I'm pleased to see I was mistaken. I hope all the Bossy sisters are FABULOUS.
I thought Bossy the Blog was over and done with. I'm pleased to see I was mistaken. I hope all the Bossy sisters are FABULOUS.
I'm in the June 14th camp. My sister and brother in law got married 25 years ago on Monday. I think of them every year as we hang our flag! This year we are going to be in Valley Forge, but maybe we should stop off at Betsy's house in Philly, it is cool!
Oh wow! We're not dead! Thank you Sally for posting on Bossy!
I have a flag, but no pole on which to hang it. I will think of it in my heart!
I DO love reading the thoughts and experiences of you Bossy sisters! Thanks Sally. Whip out all of your patriotic music and enjoy Flag Day. How about some strawberry short cake with blueberries sprinkled about the whipped cream?
Indeed, that does look just like you when you are sewing flags.
Yes, I look just this beautiful and composed when I am sewing too. Especially when I am sewing flags by hand...Hmmm....I think they must have done some "airbrushing" back then, too!
Post a Comment