Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine's Day = Yummy in my Tummy



by Emily

My daughter is now in preschool. I'm not sure yet what the Valentine's Day protocol for preschool is, but I am kind of excited. I'm not the over acheiving parent who is going to make all adorable martha stewart one-of-a-kind valentines for my children's classmates on Valentine's Day. But I might make these Jello Jigglers.

You can find the recipe HERE.










The Family Fun website (Disney company) is great, and I get their newsletter in my email once a week. It is the same stuff that is in the magazine! How cool is that--online for free! (though, sometimes it is just better to have it in print :) )



I think I must also make something chocolate.
Yes, definitely. Chocolate.


Find the recipe HERE.

















This will do, as well:





(I did this one year, but with a heart on top. Cut out a heart from paper, discard the heart. Put the paper heart-shaped-hole on the cheesecake, and sprinkle powdered sugar to make it super fancy. What a treat!)




Recipe, is, of course, HERE, because I am so nice like that. ;-)





Do you have any Valentine's Day plans, or suggestions? Please share--and feel free to include a web link!

10 comments:

Emily said...

P.S. I would not make the jello jigglers for my daughter's friends. I'd make them for us!

Robin said...

I use to take FamilyFun when my kids were all home. it was a great magazine. I just signed up for the newsletter. here is the link: http://familyfun.go.com/magazine/newsletter-sign-up-777454/

Sally said...

My kids would go bonkers for the jiggler. I think I will do it. I am glad you posted this! I needed some motivation to start planning fun stuff for Valentine's Day.

Jess said...

I am coming to your house next weekend, Emily!
PS. If you feel the need to have Family Fun in print, you can get it from Amazon for $4.95/year.

Linda Austin Hart said...

I have to make them all!
I will do the jigglers for my 11 year old girls and found some good ideas on the Disney link in Robin's comment.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Also, I'm going to make a heart shaped meatloaf for V.day!

Lauren and Trevor said...

I can't believe Valentines day is so soon! What a fun holiday. My family always had a red dinner - red spaghetti noodles in red sauce, red juice, red jello, bread with red butter, red dessert... It was always fun. I have yet to do it since I have been married, so maybe this year is the year!
Thanks for the fun ideas.

Klisa said...

Cute ideas! I love the layered jigglers. So cute! I think I will be making these:

http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/sweet-treats-chocolate-dipped-oreos/

Happy Valentines Day!

Erin said...

Tipple date- Maggianos restaurant. Lots and lots of food to be had is what I hear. 6 courses or something. I was thinking of maybe making that cranberry cake because I have cranberries in my freezer. It is holidayish but could also be a cute vday treat I think.

Klisa said...

Erin, your cranberry cake is such a good idea. Oh my gosh, it is SO good! I think these are so cute too.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/02/fortune-cookies.html