I am finally following up on my previous post. Sorry it took so long! We were out of town, frolicking in the snow, and sans computer. But I'm baaaack! And ready for 2010 (well, kind of ready)!
So, wonderful readers, what are your health/fitness resolutions for the new year? If you need some ideas, see the blogpost below. It is time for you to share yours. Here are some of mine:
- Eat more healthfully
- Become a proficient runner
- Lose 15 lbs by July 1
- Add 2 cups of veggies to my lunches and dinners at least 10 times/week (already started this)
- Cut out carbs for 2 weeks (this I started yesterday) and then introduce healthy carbs (whole grains and fruit) starting no sooner than Jan 18 (this is basically the South Beach diet)
- Start fitness walking and make sure my quad is healed (that is this week)
- Start running at least 4 days/week, in the AM before family is awake. Stretch after running. (this starts Monday if my quad is sufficiently healed).
- Get daily runs up to 3 miles by Jan 29.
- Run 5 miles continuously by Feb 27 or sooner.
- Get daily run up to 4 miles by Feb 27.
- Run a 10K race by end of March
- Train for a half marathon--get a group of friends together (I kinda already did this, I'm hoping they'll want to do it again)
- Run a half marathon by Nov 1
- Increase core strength by doing ab and back work after my Monday/Wed/Saturday runs.
This is me doing a run/walk half marathon in 2005. I loved it and I want to feel that way again!
All of this is going to require determination, hard work, and self-control. I will do better at it if I have a support group, and you will do better with your resolutions too, so let's help each other!
Please! Post your fitness/health resolutions for 2010! Leave a comment that is as detailed as you like, and we will encourage and congratulate each other! We will check in on this topic once/month so you can post your progress if you like.
Also: we Bossy Sisters have been talking about doing something fitness-y this year and inviting any and all to join us. One option is the Women's Fitness Celebration in our hometown of Boise, ID. It is apparently the largest women-only 5K in the world, it's in September, and it looks like a LOT OF FUN. My guess is that some of you have done this event or are planning to--please let us know! Another option is the Revlon Run/Walk for Women in LA on May 8. That is a nice time to be in Southern California and I'll be doing that one for sure.
12 comments:
My goal: Be like Sally. I love that picture of you!
Eat healthy
break a sweat 6 x a week
Do yoga 2x week
Climb the incline http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=HGR297-025
Climb pikes peak? (sally- that would be a heck of a group activity!)
Run in a 5k
Laugh
Disneyland Half Marathon Memorial Day Weekend. It's a Saturday, it's a half and it's THROUGH Disneyland. I think my Austin cousins need to run it with me.
That being said I'm trying a water diet- drink a bottle of water every hour on the hour. We'll see how it works out. Also I've got to run a full marathon this year. Got my heart set on the Marine Core marathon but I'd like to find one a bit sooner than that.
As of right now, my fitness goal is to avoid gaining another 20 lbs during the last half of my pregnancy. I'll reevaluate some active goals when the baby is born. I love your goals, though. I love to run and would absolutely join you in any of your endeavors if I lived closer. (Great running pic by the way!)
Robin--Please let me join you on the incline at the end of the summer!
Sally this is good. I think I already posted mine, but here they are again:
Get 7 hours of sleep each night.
Every day eat something that grows and is green.
Drink 6 glasses of water a day.
Exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
That being said, I would like to do a 5K. I have done the Women's Fitness Challenge 4 times. It is fun, but you can't run it - there are way too many people. You can run it if you are in the competitive group, but the run/walk group takes at least 1/3 mile to thin out enought to even consider running, and even then, you run 2/10ths of a mile and have to stop to walk because there is a bottle neck. It really is fun, but more socially than physically.
I like the idea of the race in LA. If that one through Disney land is a 5/10K that would be fun too.
Sally! I love your goals! Tami and I are thinking about doing the Palos Verdes half marathon in May. I hear it is a bit hilly, but really beautiful. I think it's the second Saturday in May. Want to join us????
Aside from that, my primary fitness goal for the year is to break my sugar addiction. I'm thinking of doing a month of absolutely no candy and no sweets to kick-start myself. So if I'm really grouchy in February, you'll know why!
Sally,
GREAT goals!
I've done the Womens' Walk in Boise and Kristen is right, it is more of a social event but it is a BLAST! I did it about five years ago and every year since have thought about getting a group of women together to do it. So, if you decide to go for it, count me in! "People" are always getting together in Utah, so let's you and I change that up! Idaho it is!
Hey, I'll get heatlhy if it means everybody (me included) meets up in Idaho!
One of my health goals this year is to get my teeth in better shape. Kind of pathetic, but I have stinky teeth....
How perfect that I read your blog after our race cheering this morning...
I want to be serious about getting my pre-baby body back (after baby's actually out, of course)...heck, I'd love a better-than-before-baby . So, workout, eating...have real plans I STICK to.
I think Megan's one month of no sugar is a good idea (torturous but good)...I have turned into a sweet addict. This is fairly new...I blame marrying Alex mostly.
I'd love to get a group together to run the red rock relay in UT in September. I should be ready to go by then.
Oh, and great picture of you! Can't wait to see the 2010 addition!
Goal 1: Teach my body how to be ONE weight. Having nursed or grown a baby almost every year for the last 11, my body has no idea what to be. I'm ready to practice maintaining!
Goal 2: Run a marathon. It will be my first. But if those 400 lb people on the biggest loser can go from NOTHING to a marathon in a few months...I can certainly go from regular 5 mile runs to a marathon, right?
Track and field coach Ed Eyestone’s marathon-traininig schedule for beginners http://magazine.byu.edu/print.php?a=2440
whew! your goals exhaust me. Mine are to walk more and eat less
I have finally reached a healthy weight - not a skinny weight, mind you - but a healthy one. So I decided my 2010 goal is to be happy with my body the way it is. I think I tend toward constantly looking for something to improve and I decided after a certain point, that is not healthy.
Post a Comment